Thanks to the advancements in technology and the invention of Wi-Fi, we now have the world at our fingertips. Google and similar search engines have the answers to everything, but there are still a lot of unsolved mysteries and mind-blowing facts in the world that can baffle even the most intelligent people. Continue reading the article below to see facts that will amaze even the smartest person.
- Strawberries are not actually berries, but bananas are!
- On average, a chocolate bar has 8 pieces of an insect.
- The human outer skin layer is replaced every month.
- Mosquitoes have killed more people in the world than all the wars combined!
- There are more than 1.5 million ants per human on Earth.
- France kept the guillotine executions up until 1977.
- The max height of a tree is 130 m. due to gravity.
- You’re more likely to get killed by a vending machine than a shark.
- Honey is the only food that can’t spoil.
- The technology in a Gameboy exceeds the one used to put man on the moon.
- Most of the Earth’s gold content is located in the core, which we have no access to.
- Dolphins call each other by name.
- Naked mole rats can live in environments with no oxygen and are immune to any type of cancer.
- The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
- An adult man contains the same potential energy as 30 hydrogen bombs.
- Lighters were invented a decade before matches.
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body considering its size.
- If you want to see if a diamond is real, try this – just breathe on it and see what happens; fake diamonds will fog up.
- It was Darwin who invented modern wheeled office chairs, as he had the idea to add wheels on a chair to move around faster.
- Why does a whip crack? Well, the tip moves faster than the speed of sound, creating a micro sonic boom which you hear as a crack.
- When you lose or gain weight, fat cells don’t disappear – they change in size.
- Charging your phone costs less than $1 on a yearly basis.
- 99% of the germs that live in us are still a mystery to science.
- Harry Potter books, Rubik cubes and iPhones are the 3 most sold items in history.
- The sixth sense humans possess is called proprioception (being aware of where your body parts are).
As you can see, the world is a beautiful mystery, and there’s definitely more to it than we know.