We all know that minerals and vitamins are very important for our overall health. Some of the most important ones are iron, calcium and vitamin C. But, some of them are more neglected than others, like for example, magnesium.
It is abundant in health benefits like: alleviate fatigue, strengthen our body and boost our mood.
In this article, we’re presenting you the best 6 health benefits of magnesium that we can obtain if we consume the proper foods.
1. Regulate High Blood Pressure
If you try to intake magnesium every day, you’ll be able to have a stable blood pressure and avoid all kinds of problems, even heart problems.
2. Migraine Headaches
In case of migraine attacks, it is recommended to consume magnesium every day. You’ll treat migraines quickly and effectively. It has been recommended by numerous researchers.
3. Mood Problems Like Depression
Depression isn’t characterized with lack of magnesium, but there are people who claim that when they used magnesium, their mood improved as well as their state of mind. They also managed to treat problems like anxiety.
Still, the best thing to do in case you feel depressed is to visit a professional. Try to increase the intake of magnesium.
4. Bone Health
We all need to have healthy bones, especially women when they grow older. Half of the magnesium in our body becomes stored in our bones and it is combined with the vitamin D and calcium so we could have healthier and stronger bones.
We’ll also manage to protect our body from osteoporosis.
5. Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
Insulin resistance has been connected to magnesium deficiency and that unfortunately leads to heart problems and diabetes. You need to have stable levels of magnesium in order to prevent these problems. Always check your levels of magnesium in order to have stable blood sugar levels.
6. Cancer Reduction
According to scientific studies, if you increase the amount of magnesium in your body, you’ll reduce the risk of acquiring colorectal cancer in 13%.
Here Are Some Additional Benefits If You Start Using Magnesium Supplements:
- Relieve muscle spasms and pain
- Boost energy levels
- Treat insomnia and induce sleep
- Promote relaxation and calm the nerves
- Relieve constipation
Types Of Magnesium Supplements:
- Magnesium Chelate: it’s found as a natural source in foods and is highly absorbable
- Magnesium Citrate: it is mostly used to improve digestion and treat constipation, but if you take it excessively, it may have a laxative effect
- Magnesium Chloride Oil: this oil is mostly used by athletes to relieve muscle pain, increase their energy and heal wounds
- Magnesium Glycinate: it is greatly absorbed by our body and is always recommended to people who are deficient
- Magnesium Threonate: this is also a highly absorbable type of magnesium
- Magnesium Orotate: this type is full of orotic acid that is extremely beneficial for our heart